Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amsterdam - 30th March to 2nd April

First up, please let me apologise for the tardiness re the blogging. Been a bit unmotivated to blog plus the enjoyment of life this quarter has made me chao lazy. But more on that in subsequent posts.

Suffice to say, the thing that I will remember most about Amsterdam will be the company and the high-jinks aforementioned company can get into. Without going into too much detail, we found one more reason why brownies may not be good for you. :p Can ask Khel more.

But BBC Europe was well worth paying as much as I did (and to my surprise, probably less than I anticipated) and the company is different. As Mau said, even doing the same thing in Singapore is different - that's a certain surrealism with eating Duck-Siew Yok-Chicken rice and dim sum in Europe, playing Texas Hold'em till late in a bar, exchanging 2 Euro coins while smoking and drinking; waking up at 12 the next day, getting traumatised by SMS's, navigating the red light district and basically looking for kicks and finding that the best kick was the company.

And on that slightly whimsical note, my Europe trip ended as I tried to sleep on a KLM 747 (I now know that I shall never travel for more than 10 hours again if I can't afford business class) and resumed school. Which thankfully has been worth returning in time for. :) But again, more on that later.

So, the final few photos (do pardon for the lack of photos - the company was compelling and at times I was too high to be snappin'):


The main Square (the name of which escapes me) in Amsterdam


We didn't enter this museum, but as Ying pointed out, the Netherlands has many many museums.


RijksMuseum - as aforementioned. Believe this holds Rembrandt's works.


Heineken Brewery, where we found that...


It was closed. The bastards. (Thanks Mau for pic)


And quintessential BBC shot, taken on first night in bar over Cherry Beer. Thanks bros. :) (thanks Kyle)

Addendum: I just realised we all look damn weird in this pic. Wei Chiat looks the most normal, Mau looks... Well, his eyes look bigger than normal (and freakily conniving / humsup), Khel looks cheenesh, and Tris... Ok la, drunk as usual, but just bizarre. Oh well.

No comments: