Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tris' Embarrassing Photolog

I don't quite know how to characterise it, so I shall try to say it straight.

Of all the things I miss most, I'd have to say it's the opportunity to take stupid photos in strange places. It provides a chance to look back long after the event has passed, a chance to be inspired by whatever happened at the time of the photo, and the comforting knowledge that in that small part of the screen, deep within the crevasses of your mind, that part of your life is indelibly marked and will never change.

I don't know if that's comforting, but it certainly is rewarding when you take the effort to look through the pictures, dig them out, and take a look at them. :)

Like this photo:

It's not just a photo of me with a limp wrist, or me getting a nickname that I've done nothing to disprove, or even an embarrassing shot.

It's a mark, a rallying point (for me anyway), a beginning and a watershed point for what essentially remains my core group of friends, around which we gathered and have more-or-less maintained and stuck around. It might make me look lousy, but it makes me smile everytime I see it. :) Can't ask for much more eh.

Amazingly though, nothing's changed:

I can assure you after last night's Pub Quiz that I still turn as red, hurhur. :)


And I think this is the worst. Besides V-Day 2007, this was the absolute worst-est drunk session. Tris hugged Porcelain Goddess to sleep that night - thanks abang, your hopsitality really made the difference. (I shall ignore the fact that it was going to your place at all that night was what made me that drunk)

Of course, my friends also look the same, no matter how much time has passed:

Pet has the exact same look on her face when I grin. Hoho. :p


Yeah, he was pretty cute at the time huh. :p

But it's not just the faces, it's the events, the things you look at and think about, the incident that sparks your mind and brings you back to the flashpoint of incidence. It's amazing how well the mind works with stimuli:


I remember staying up, unable to sleep, literally staring at the ceiling and going running in the morning at 445 am on someone's advice.


I remember trying to fit into someone's uniform, and how everyone switched everything around just to find uniforms that fit.


I remember getting to the house early and staying in the bathroom for close to 2 hours just putting that on, and how I freaked the hell out of everyone that night. How admissions were made over Cafe Boheme and how life became so much more complex and so much easier at one shot.


I remember losing at bowling, haha. I also remember having to cover for friends, having to go to town with them on the pretext of being friendly and somewhat-extra, and asking if hands were being held after we watched a movie that represented us. Not that I minded - chaperoning is actually pretty fun, especially when one has to create excuses on the fly why you are out with 1 guy and 1 girl. :p


I remember spending 5 amazing days with friends, taking care of these awesome kids and well, nagging and even scolding them, hurhur.


I remember a week of Rainbow Channel, Future Star, failed clubbing, karaoke, getting sick as heck and being sponged down by my roommate... But also cool weather, gorgeous girls, new sights and wonderful company.


This is how big we've gotten (both in terms of group size AND belly size. :p) - and while this is just the girls, the group of people I daresay I can count on, message randomly and know will be there for me.


And of course: Moot court, Secret Pals, Gin Rummy, Dbl O, Riverside Point after Bakerzin, D606, and the litany of wonderful memories that have come thereafter. Yeah, we look like crap here - but I love you regardless. :)

And a picture of my family, I realise I don't have nearly enough to keep me going, but this is but one which I do have:


So, a photo montage of my life - I tried to choose the crappiest pics, but forgive me if they look ok. :p A last shot, to symbolise my philosophy about phototaking:


There's always something outside the window. :p

To everyone who's appeared in any photo I've taken: Love you all deeply, thanks for being a part of my life, and as Pet says, more photowhoring to come in the years ahead. :)

No comments: