Sunday, November 11, 2007

Vets' Day Weekend Delight

Let me state first: I don't agree with Veterans' Day. It honours people who died in wars, and while they deserve respect, it glorifies war and makes it seem like it's ok and it's all cool. Especially when shops give glorious sales that even I find hard to avoid. :p

That said, the break is a nice one, and I got a little more done with it than I would've on an ordinary weekend. So a short breakdown of me weekend.

Friday
I accomplished zilch in the day, I believe. Except washed towels and my weekly wonder of conversation with Wendy. I did miss a Duwamish trip, but I wasn't quite in the mood to go anyhow - feel a bit bad for it now, but I shall assess a backlash (if any) on Tuesday.

Nonetheless, the focus was at night, when I went for the FIUTS Pub Quiz. A lot less crowded than the less time and a lot less internationally-represented, but it was pretty fun. I ended up making a lot of noise and making a fool of myself, but it's all cool - I still think I was funnier than the emcee and the guys at my table. :p

The only sour point of the evening was the French-Canadian dude who leaned between me and Nobuko (over my shoulder too) and began chatting her up - without saying hi or pretending to be friendly with me. I wasn't irritated that he was chatting up my date - but I'd gone to be friendly and he could've done the same especially when I had smiled and tried to initiate conversation with him initially. Bastard.

ANYWAY, dinner with Nobuko was pretty nice - I think she's feeling more comfy with me now, more willing to open up and share with me. We talked about a whole range of topics, and it was pretty nice. :) The food was good, and she taught me some Japanese hurhur. :p Pretty fun la.

Saturday
Did a bit of work, BUT BUT I got this photo to share with you folks:


This is the neighbour's cat, whom I just had a meow-off with from my window. It lounges about on the grassy patch between the houses (this picture was taken from my window). Initially it seemed scared of me, and I thought it was a stray.

Recently though, it's been awfully friendly, rubbing up against me and even rolling about and exposing its belly to me - which apparently is a sign of trust. And pawing me to get me to rub it I think. BUT the first time I sayang'd it it bit me, so I remain a little wary. But it makes me happy in an odd way, by just making me feel comfortable by being comfortable.

So. My pussy. :p At night it just meows for no reason though - so we have meow offs till it gets tired. It's... Bizarrely amusing.

Sunday
Today's weather held out nicely, as I met up with the visiting-from-Vancouver Lynn. I wouldn't say we did very much in terms of 'objectives' (like seeing monuments or shit) but it was just nice spending time with her and getting to go through Seattle as we ended up doing. Pretty nice, and friends from home who you're familiar with are so much better than the new ones in that the stories are all already there and there's a comfort in the boundaries and space that you just know. It was really really fun for me. :)


Experience Music Project + Science Fiction Museum. This would probably have been more impressive if we were music or sci-fi buffs, but while I enjoyed the sci-fi thing more, neither of us were geeky enough to appreciate the whole whoa-ness of it. :)


One of the quaint buildings on Capitol Hill - Loveless, I believe they called it. :)


Thanks female - you got me out of my house on a Sunday and it was nice spending time with a friend from home. :) It was a lotta fun and very much appreciated - and the walking will be good for me in the long run hoho.

So, my weekend in a short post. Thank God for His little mercies - they keep us going like nought else can, and keep us reaching where our strength fails. :)

No comments: