Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tris' Halloween

So, I present to you MY Halloween - first spent at a movie which made me get sick, and then spent at a friend's house playing trivia games and laughing at ourselves as we drank and ate and enjoyed company. Pretty sweet. :)

The Movie

(c) Lionsgate Films and Yahoo

The movie was fsick. And I don't mean that in ANY conceivable positive sense. It was just sick. Too much blood, too much gore, too much cutting for the sake of it, and not a great movie.

It was my attempt to celebrate Halloween with Nobuko (the Jap girl I'm hanging out with) - Dinner at Thai-ger was nice, but I either ate too much or the gore got to me - and we ended up having to leave the movie halfway because I could not continue watching and was -><- this close to puking. How sad is that right. So too bad for me - but not a loss per se since I got to go home and sleep early. :p Gotta enjoy what you have.

Games Night
The group was pretty diverse: 3 Afghan professors, 3 Danish folk - 1 who was Iranian, and another who was Pakistani, 3 Taiwanese and 1 random Singaporean. I think I shared Ati (my awesome host)'s worry that the humour would not translate and we would be in a room with people who were lost to each other.

That fear quickly evaporated when everyone started jacking and laughing at each other over our Trivia games, pizza and beers. We played 2: The 1st was a Danish game known as "Close Enough is Good Enough", where we would be asked a question and the group with the closest answer would get points. Well, basic concept anyway, a lot more nuances in the actual gameplay. We were broken up into pairs, and my team actually led for a while... But we didn't win in the end hurhur.

We also played Trivia Pursuit for the 1980's - and it was hilarious how my group got completely lost and I was the only one answering the questions, hurhur. So much for being "too young for the game". :p

All in all, very fun night with NO studying but a lot of fun and enjoyment and laughter. :) To the next Games Night! And to friendship - where you can spend a night simply but still enjoy the best of times. :)


Me and Eddie - really really cute fuzzy wuzzy dog. :)


Trivia Pursuit - Group 1...


And Group 2


Starting from the left clockwise: Omar (Ati's hubby), Luc (Taiwanese exchange), Rahimi (Afghan professor), Omar's brother whose name I can't remember, Haroon (Afghan prof), Naseh (Afghan prof), Ethan (Taiwanese LLM), Wendy (Taiwanese LLM), Ati (my classmate) and The Fat One. :p

So that was my Halloween - still stuck for costume ideas for a party this Saturday. Anyone? :p

No comments: