Monday, October 1, 2007

Downtown!

I just realised that since touching down in America, I have only touched a donut once - and that was free at the Law Welcome Session. Was just amused when I saw on Facebook the group about Krispy Kreme for Singapore, and realised that as Singaporeans we are waaaay too starved for donuts, but we don't need them over here. Hm, interesting. :)

Could be a result too of the popularity of bagels here in comparison, hm. But that's a tale for another time, when I become more of an expert on food. :) and NO, I am not an expert till I know how to cook what I eat. Indeedy.

Anyway, wanted to share with you folks my Sunday trip to downtown Seattle. Most of the pics are up on Facebook, but here are some of the highlights of that cold blustery freezing Sunday. :)

Pike Place Market


Pike Place Market! Fish flowers and souvenirs. Touristy.


The beautiful Puget Sound. Quite nice, I thought. :)


Entitled, "You Are What You Eat". Indeed, pigman.


Tris looking happy outside Pike Place even though it was 10 Celsius and windy. Brr.

Seattle Aquarium


For kids only! It wasn't bad... But not great either.

Octopus (octo-poooos here) which amazed all the kids by moving through a tunnel. When I do that people stare at me like I'm an idiot. :p

The 'Finding Nemo' themed exhibit - with Nemo!


SOTONG!!! Am still incredibly amused by its shape and blubbery movement. I shall probably never touch cuttlefish again. :p


Sleeping River Otters. As I probably should've done that cold rainy Sunday.


Sea Otters! Bathing themselves over and over again.


Me again! :) Duh.

Space Needle



A work of art, and arguably the most famous and commonly-associated structure in Seattle: The Space Needle.

Lake Union. You can vaguely see the highway leading towards the University District.

Me being gey kiang and taking off my coat. And promptly freezing to death.


Suffice to say, Seattle doesn't really have a lot to see, and the attractions that do exist are pretty kid-oriented. If you do wish to see these (missed the Science Center, for instance), get a Citypass which is cheaper and allows for entry into the 5 big attractions. Which I can't remember now, hurhur. :p

Miss the big expansive museums of New York though. Sigh. And I got ill too from the cold, WTF. Ah well. To better times -and to sleep I go now. :)

No comments: