Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seahawk Sunday

Attended my first real live NFL game, and it was pretty awesome - even though the home team lost. Interestingly, the last time I attended a game the home team lost as well in a blowout (the Knicks against the Trailblazers in 2005) - perhaps I bring bad luck hurhur.

Anyhow, photos from the event at Qwest Field:


Shots of Qwest Field in downtown Seattle - beautiful stadium, excellent ambience and a great time for any fan.


Various shots from inside the stadium - This was pre-match, so it was understandably empty. Pretty awesome though.


Me inside the stadium, having my pic taken by a security dude.


The 'Qwest Field' Club, for snacks and drinks - with only an extra 95 bucks on your ticket! I know, I know.


The Saints post-huddle / The Saints stretching midfield a la NS / The Saints running up with my new fav player No. 99 in the bottom right / The Seahawks huddling before gametime


The Sea Gals, who get my respect for never stopping and always putting in 100% / The Guards of Honour march out the flags / The National Anthems of Canada and USA / Fireworks getting us started as the Seahawks emerge


Handshakes all about pre-game during the coin toss / Mack Strong flying the "12th Man" (Seahawk lingo for the fans) flag / Punting / Breaktime at Qwest

Funnily enough, a camera actually dropped from the wire and swung down, nearly taking out Matt Hasselbeck (the Seahawks quarterback) during the game. It swung by him and the match was delayed for 10 minutes. I found it especially amusing when the announcer was thanking the fans for our patience as people were booing and some were screaming profanities at said camera.


My attempt at action photos, with a Josh Brown field goal.


The Seahawks fans in full force at Qwest.


The night sky looked really gorgeous so I attempted to capture the moment.


Fans beginning to stream out when it was evident the Seahawks weren't going to win, and as the players shake hands and the fans left, I thought it prudent to take a last shot with the stadium that had given me 3 hours of fun, hoarseness and memories to last a while. :)

Thoughts About The Game:
- It had everything that a Saints fan wanted, but Seahawk fans were rightly pissed by the poor play of their team, with a poor running game and bad team decisions contributing to a 17-28 defeat. The Saints were good value for their win, Reggie Bush coming to the fore by rushing and receiving well throughout. To be fair, Shaun Alexander was pretty shit in rushing, gaining 1 to 3 yards only, so much so that a dude wearing an Alexander jersey took it off and threw it to the ground midway during the game. With this, Seattle goes to 3-3 while Saints get their 1st win of the season.

- American fans seem less serious about their sports than Europeans. Those crazy mofo's will toss up cars and set fire to shit - these dudes were jacking each other, sitting next to each other and laughing in their faces, and the worst thing that happened post-match was trying to get out of the crowd. Good to see some people who realise that sport really is just a game. :)

- I detest Kanye's West "Can't Tell Me Nothing", if that was indeed the song I heard on the radio during the match. They kept playing it and the freaky opera weirded me out. Don't listen to it, honestly.

Well, time to bed now, I'm really damn tired. Thanks to everyone who made the game enjoyable, and one to remember. :) Even if the halftime show with a wiener dog race was kinda retarded - everything was retarded in a good enjoyable way, so yay. :)

And I still haven't finished my readings for tomorrow, aich.

No comments: