Saturday, October 13, 2007

If Tris Can Cook...

But he can't.

To be fair, I'm actually 1) amused at how everything turned out and 2) pleased that I actually could eat what I cooked. And 3) I'm quite full.

So, a chronicle of a disaster, of sorts.


Our protagonist pre-cooking. Not sure what to do, not sure where this will lead. So.


Rice! Problem was, too soggy, too wet, too much water. Forgot to rinse. Whole litany of problems - I'm just glad I could eat it. :)


Ingredients for a dis... I mean, complete meal. Of sorts la. I tried, ok. :p


I had to document this, I'd never seen a live capsicum before. Hurhur.


2 pretty yolks, 'La Choy' Soy sauce, and Tris employs what he calls "Chop Mix Fry Pray".


Wesson Oil. With oil, a stove and a pan, miracles sometimes occur.


The Garlice Dance! Tris waited a bit long for this to happen though.


So pristine! So fluffy! So perfect!


... Not. To be less harsh, I do like my omelette a little burnt. BUT I left this one a bit too long.


From right to left: Omelette, Rice and Backup Pasta. :p


At this point, I started laughing so hard I had to stop and take a picture. I don't know why I was amused, but I just was. Hur.


Complete Meal: Rice, Veg, Eggs. And something. Or other.



The Spoils of War.

And at this juncture, I must say thanks to my mum and dad who gave me tips on how to cook rice, my girlfriend for telling me I needed to cook the rice if I wanted fried Rice (maybe tomorrow, I cooked too much) and

TO ME FOR BUYING EGGS - They are a lifesaver, especially when you know nothing else.

Maybe in a few aeons down I'll try something complex. Like Tom Yum soup. :p That said, it was pretty fun, and I now finally understand the lure of cooking. :)

Exciting weekend, with a Seahawks game tomorrow! Coolness. :)

1 comment:

yuch said...

heyyy there is absolutely nothing wrong about blogging to your juniors at the expense of your social life is there. i believe it's called altruism...or something. ^_^