Friday, September 14, 2007

Tris' House!

From a pretty boring yesterday, today turned interesting very quickly. In the oh-shit-I-can't-believe-this-is-happening sense.

If you were wondering, I was so burnt out I fell dead asleep and died in my couch. I didn't even have the strength to get back to my bed in the hotel. Don't ask me why dudey folks, it just was.

Erm, I moved into my house today.

The house's facade. Apologies, but too much vegetation = lousy shot.

The door to the house. I have: 1 girl staying next to me, 3 girls in the basement.
My door. Sorry lah, not funky yet. :p

The carpeted interior, kitchenette + living space.

The as-still-bare bedroom. Before I messed it up.

Very pretty right? Unfortunately, it's still very bare, so any contributions towards making this house a home will be much appreciated. Among the things I need are:
- A laundry basket
- 2 rubbish bins (one for the bathroom, one for the kitchen)
- Cooking stuff (pots, pans, baking stuff)
- Eating stuff (Forks, spoons, knives, plates, bowls)
- Chairs / Stools (I'm currently typing this while sitting on my ass in my flat)
- A fan (Ventilation here isn't very good, but the day isn't windy so well.)
- Tables (Currently sitting on my ass... You get the idea)
- Cabinets

I think my bed will be coming in around Tuesday, my Internet on Thursday. I shall decide if cable TV is necessary for "good livin'" up here.

If you so wish, you may send me gifts at Target.com / Walmart.com / Homedepot.com at 5042 15th Ave NE, Apt #C, Seattle, WA 98105. :p You're welcome to visit too, tell the driver at the airport to drop you off at 15th NE and NE 52nd. And call me beforehand at (206) 601-9792 or email me.

[now no one can say I never informed you folk. :p]

The day took a downturn when I decided to go stock up the house by myself. (as well as to break my horribly big notes) I went to the nearby Safeway and loaded up my shopping cart, thinking (erroneously): "As long as I can push it, it's light enough."

I completely forgot that volume is a very important consideration in grocery shopping as well. Plus the combined fact that America has no concept of 'big bags' and the assumption that everyone drives also escaped me, and worked towards my unfortunate downfall. Which involved me repacking everything frantically while trying to get home, which was only 2 streets north and 2 streets left. It became a battle as I worked my way up the slope, struggling with every step as Tide laughed at me and my mineral water taunted me, while my toilet rolls did not help.

I made it, somehow, and got everything to where I thought they ought to be. The house is still threadbare but at least there's some food and drinks to last me. This was the reason I paid for another stay in the hotel in uptown Seattle, since I figured that I wouldn't get cable on time and I wouldn't have a bed to sleep comfortably on. Tonight should be interesting, to say the least.

So anyhow, Tris has moved in and is happy to receive you all.

I know that this isn't easy, and that you hope for some basics that I can and do want to give. I know you love me, and I know you know I love you. I'll try to work it out, and we'll hit a nice consensus. Because love is always a bit of a struggle, that the end result of joy is best appreciated and the journey may keep going. I love you, and I want to for a very long time indeed.

No comments: